Thunder Gaming  

Go Back   Thunder Gaming > Thunder Gaming Public Forums > Want to join Team Thunder?

Want to join Team Thunder? Use this as a template for your app. Application Form Take a look at our Clan rules Here before making an application

Old 09-14-2007, 08:19 PM   #41
Beetlebill
Private

Actually, "the rant" is a classic piece of clan literature. The rant was shared with me sometime ago when I was a member of another clan. In fact, detroitfish is a former clan brother of mine from this previous clan. We were experiencing similar issues and the rant was shared with me to provide insight. Fish is speaking from a real life point of view. It's true if you let these things go on unchecked.... the clan will suffer in the longer term.
Beetlebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #42
Blondie
Lieutenant

I think we need to find more members. How do we do that? Oh yeah, recruit on our server, I forgot. Oh wait, there has to be people on it first. I refuse to take my meds.......Sparty, follow my lead....j/k
Old 09-16-2007, 01:31 AM   #43
Spartan
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie
I think we need to find more members. How do we do that? Oh yeah, recruit on our server, I forgot. Oh wait, there has to be people on it first. I refuse to take my meds.......Sparty, follow my lead....j/k
Following your lead, here is why I joined. I liked everyone I met in TS but this is the post from 2 pages of responses to my request that inspired me to respond.

This was a post from Badlizzard resonding to my post on totalbf2 back in 12/2005 looking for a clan to join.

Thunder Mountain Forces. We are an over 18 clan, we compete on TWL in the 8v8 ladder, but not all of our members want to play the matches. We have a 24 man Ranked server for BF2 and most of our members own SF. There is almost always somebody on our teamspeak to hook up with and play together even when we are pubbing.
Our members are mostly east coast, but we have a few in Central US as well as a couple a bit further West.

Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:58 AM   #44
Blondie
Lieutenant

I hear you Sparty. I enjoyed the 8v8. It was, as you remember, a "fun" ladder. It just fizzled out. You 5v5ers, however, have managed to keep the TMF name alive in TWL. I think that overall, we have a great group of people. And some of you are very skilled gamers. We have to get over this server thing, because that seems to be causing alot of grief. We used to not have any really heated meetings, now we are. I think that the recruiting has to pick up when we're on our server. I know I've talked to a couple of people on other servers through VOIP and just invited them to stop by our website hoping that they would be interested in joining. It'll just be a shame if this thing ruins the overall experience.